At the Institute, participants have the option to major in international affairs and diplomacy which is designed to give you the knowledge and understanding to live in an increasingly interdependent world. Participants will study topics such as political science, history, economics and foreign languages and will be prepared to enter career paths such as international public service, diplomacy, travel and tourism, business and law and academics. What all International Relations students have in common is their desire to improve the world through impactful change and positive dialogue.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the issues, functions, and theories of the international system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of history in international affairs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of geography in international affairs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the similarities and differences in political systems and economies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of the States in the international system.
- Demonstrate competence in the techniques of scholarly research in the field of International Relations.
- Students will be able to identify and describe the major processes in the international system including globalization, integration, and the causes of conflict.
- Demonstrate competence in the techniques of scholarly writing in the field of International Relations and,
- Be able to analyze an international problem or issue in a manner that demonstrates global or regional understanding and sensitivity to cultural difference.
1 and half days
Mode of Study
Face-to-face or virtual