The SMDP focuses on developing the mindset of participants as they explore strategic concepts around innovation, sustainability, collaboration, organizational change, and business agility. It equips participants with the necessary knowledge, leadership and change management skills to function effectively within a senior management environment.
- Leadership in a complex world
- Financial management
- Operational effectiveness and value-chain analysis
- Strategic management: designing leading edge strategies
- Enhancing innovation and design thinking
- Managing your brand
Over the course of the programme, participants will be equipped to:
- develop a comprehensive strategic plan for a company of their choice
- assess the financial viability of organisations and recommend action steps for improvement
- explain the meaning and effect of economic drivers on an organization / industry in a written assignment
- use the techniques provided by project management to plan and execute projects and processes in their own organisations effectively and efficiently
- complete a marketing plan, incorporating all the facets of a sound and comprehensive marketing approach
- construct a comprehensive business plan integrating all the disciplines of the programme to demonstrate an understanding of their interrelationship.
No formal tertiary qualifications required English language competence at NQF level 4 or equivalent
Five years’ experience in a middle to senior management role
A foundational knowledge of the programme topics, as well as an understanding of the subject matter presented in USB-ED’s Management Development Programme (MDP) or equivalent
Participants who have not acquired basic knowledge of finance, should attend USB-ED’s Financial Management for Non-financial Manager’s programme prior to attending the SMDP.